Tuesday, February 2, 2010

A Partial Surrender

Luke 9:57-62

I've realised that I'm so similar to these 3 men who had wanted to become Jesus's disciples.
Jesus had rejected them out rightly because they had failed to put Him first. Likewise, Jesus will reject me too. I've always had the desire to surrender myself wholly to the Lord but this desire constantly fails to overcome the knowledge that I have to make many sacrifices one of which is my family and friends. That's my conclusion made after reading the above scriptures. What do you think? I tend to put school work as my top priority, so that is another sacrifice for me. I truly believe that surrendering myself wholly to the Lord does require lots of discipline. The desire to surrender must be so overwhelming and great that nothing else matters after that.
Pray with and for me, that soon, I will be able to surrender myself wholly to the Lord.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment